Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Ott Album - Mir UPDATE


Ott has just posted this on the his facebook page.

I've decided to put the release of 'Mir' back to 15th March because time has run short and I want to make sure I'm 100% happy with it before it goes out. I've never released a record on my own before and I think I underestimated quite how much needs to be done to make it happen properly. Sorry to anyone who is disappointed.
So it looks like we will have to wait another week for this release. I'm expecting good work from Ott, there is simply no sound reason to expect otherwise. However, this album is being released by Ott himself, outside the Twisted label. This leads me to expect that Ott is especially proud of this album, so the wait will be all the much harder for me anyway.

So to all you Ott fans out there, be patient! Ott works slow, but he is a perfectionist and it's always worth the wait.

Remember please to donate to Ott if you download music off a file sharing site, or even if you just think his work is worth more than what you paid for it. We need a new system of music distribution, and donations are the key to breaking the backs of the terrible record companies, who do nothing but suck the money out of artists and the public; spending it on cocaine, limos and prostitutes while promoting the lowest, most base, pathetic excuse for music ever created by mankind.

Download music, support the artist directly, stop listening to the radio. If you're a psychonaut, you will love Ott.

Support Ott by clicking the donate button on his site here.

It's time to create a sensible world, and the first step in improving the human condition is improving music.

Studies have shown that the developing brain exposed to classical music results in higher IQ. Classical music is played to ripening fruit in Japan to improve its taste. Classical music is piped through speakers in public places to reduce violence and chase away the idle riff-raff that congregate there.

The reverse is true for the terrible music produced by mainstream record companies today. It lowers IQ, increases violent behaviour and probably sours fruit.

And turn off the TV while you are at it!

3 comments:

  1. Witness! Since I have started to explore music I have been amazed at the wealth of talent out there largely unknown. It horrifies me to hear people say how talented performers on American Idol are! I listen to music every day going to and from work and on my lunch break and it energizes me and feeds my very essence (some call it their spirit or soul). I am not going to mention any particular artist here. Find your own, that is key. Nice site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ott! (lamefact: It is supposed to be pronounced ot, but everyone's calling it O.T.T. thus so do I)

    I think I might even like this album the best. But of course, as all of us from the internet generation do, I downloaded it. I was glad to see that there was a donate button, so I could pay the man for what he has done for me. But I couldn't find it... are you sure it's there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's Ott after Jonathan Ott, a famous enthnobotanist. Well, somewhat famous. Well, not really famous, he lives in Mexico somewhere in seclusion and just had his house burned down.

    O.T.T. is some lame hip hop group. Hardly comparable.

    ReplyDelete